POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Please help me get started... Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:54:00 EDT (-0400)
  Please help me get started... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cris Williams
Subject: Please help me get started...
Date: 28 Oct 2003 19:17:23
Message: <3f9f0713$1@news.povray.org>
I am begining a project that will include a Grim Reaper figure complete with
scythe and skulls, etc.  I am a total n00b (well not total, but I have only
constructed objects through CSG before).

I would like to start with modeling the scythe first, specifically the blade
It will be rather ornate, with runes and such, and shaped somewhat more like
a battle weapon than a simple farm implement.  I suppose this can be done
with CSG also, but maybe it could be done easier with another method?  My
main concern is getting the cutting edge of the blade tapered correctly.
I've considered using something like sPatch and then importing the blade
into Moray.

Any curved blade modelers out there?  I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you.

BTW, I'm not really looking for ready-made models.  I have already gathered
several reference images and I would like to be able to do this from
scratch.  :-)

Post a reply to this message