POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Glow.lua Server Time
1 Jun 2024 13:37:14 EDT (-0400)
  Glow.lua (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: leseur sylvain
Subject: Glow.lua
Date: 22 Sep 2003 13:17:02
Message: <3f6f2e8e@news.povray.org>
You can find "glow.lua"  plug in at  moray.binaries
Friendly
Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Glow.lua
Date: 25 Sep 2003 08:57:43
Message: <3f72e647$1@news.povray.org>
Sylvain!
Just tried your plugin! It feels fine and does a good job. It is different
from Chris Huff's one, isn't it? I have not used that one for a long time
(in Moray 3.3) so I don't remember rightly.
With yours you can do interesting things, especially with the turbulence
settings.
For shadows... I don't know. Would be excellent for simulating smoke-like,
faintly glowing objects. Very spooky, or unhealthy in an atomic sort of
way...

Thomas

"leseur sylvain" <syl### [at] potar-hurlantcom> schreef in bericht
> You can find "glow.lua"  plug in at  moray.binaries
> Friendly
> Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

>Just tried your plugin! It feels fine and does a good job. It is different
>from Chris Huff's one, isn't it?
Thanks. Yes it is

>I have not used that one for a long time
>(in Moray 3.3) so I don't remember rightly.
It only works with Megapov O.7.

>With yours you can do interesting things, especially with the turbulence
>settings.
>For shadows... I don't know. Would be excellent for simulating smoke-like,
>faintly glowing objects. Very spooky, or unhealthy in an atomic sort of
>way...
Damn! Nobody can help me...
Can you see some improvements for this plug ?

>Thomas
Thanks Thomas but don't forget i just "translate" a macro into Lua language,
and add easy possibilities.

Friendly
Sylvain
Ps:What's news about SeaShell ?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 25 Sep 2003 15:13:58
Message: <3f733e76@news.povray.org>
leseur sylvain <syl### [at] potar-hurlantcom> wrote:
> You can find "glow.lua"  plug in at  moray.binaries

  Just a quick question: What do I do with the .lua file?

  (I couldn't find the answer in Moray help files, in the Moray website
nor even browsing Moray's directory structure. This .lua file type seems
like an undocumented mystery.)

From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 25 Sep 2003 17:15:33
Message: <3f735af5@news.povray.org>

3f733e76@news.povray.org...
> leseur sylvain <syl### [at] potar-hurlantcom> wrote:
> > You can find "glow.lua"  plug in at  moray.binaries
>
>   Just a quick question: What do I do with the .lua file?

Put it in the Plugins folder (you'll also need the
Fullmoon.dll file ).
Open Moray and it will appear in the buttons bar.

Hope this is the answer you're searching for.
Bye

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 25 Sep 2003 17:24:54
Message: <3f735d26@news.povray.org>

3f735af5@news.povray.org...

> 3f733e76@news.povray.org...
> (you'll also need the Fullmoon.dll file ).

Sorry. Fullmoon.dll it's available at:
http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/
See you

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 25 Sep 2003 17:36:52
Message: <3f735ff4@news.povray.org>
Txemi Jendrix <tji### [at] euskalnetnet> wrote:
> you'll also need the Fullmoon.dll file

  Ah, now I understand. The mystery is explained. Thanks. :)

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Sep 2003 03:14:37
Message: <3f7538dd@news.povray.org>
> Damn! Nobody can help me...
==> Life is hard  ;-}

> Can you see some improvements for this plug ?
===> Hmm... What about the switch possibility between keeping the glow
always on top, or (like now) partly hidden by objects in front? This is
something that is implemented in the LensFX plugin, based on Chris Colefax's
macro. That would be a useful addition. The standard LensFlare of  Moray
does not have it and that's a pity!

> Thanks Thomas but don't forget i just "translate" a macro into Lua
language,
> and add easy possibilities.
==> Sure. But that is an important job. Much appreciated anyway!

> Ps:What's news about SeaShell ?
==> Aah! Still have to do something with it! Time, you know, and too many
different projects at the same time!!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: leseur sylvain
Date: 27 Sep 2003 13:58:13
Message: <3f75cfb5@news.povray.org>
> > Can you see some improvements for this plug ?
> ===> Hmm... What about the switch possibility between keeping the glow
> always on top, or (like now) partly hidden by objects in front? This is
> something that is implemented in the LensFX plugin, based on Chris
Colefax's
> macro. That would be a useful addition. The standard LensFlare of  Moray
> does not have it and that's a pity!
Are you really shure ....?
Do you know LensFXMFC.dll There is in a button "Always on top" but i
can't see none difference....
In fact, i don't understand, what is "always on top" ?
One thing more and i stop that.
What do you wish exactly when you say:
>or (like now) partly hidden by objects in front? This is
> something that is implemented in the LensFX plugin, based on Chris
Colefax's
> macro.
If i can do that it will be a "grand plaisir pour moi"
Friendly
Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'LensFXMFC.dll.dat' (156 KB)

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Sep 2003 03:04:20
Message: <3f7687f4@news.povray.org>
"leseur.sylvain" <les### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> Are you really shure ....?
> Do you know LensFXMFC.dll There is in a button "Always on top" but i
> can't see none difference....
> In fact, i don't understand, what is "always on top" ?
> One thing more and i stop that.
> What do you wish exactly when you say:
> >or (like now) partly hidden by objects in front? This is
> > something that is implemented in the LensFX plugin, based on Chris
> Colefax's
> > macro.
==> Yes, that is the plugin I mean! "Always on top" means that, whatever is
in front of the lens flare, it always shines through. If you put it behind,
say, a thick wall, when rendering you who still "see" the flare. If you
uncheck the "always on top", then you have the situation where the flare is
hidden and not visible. In a sense that sounds obvious and rather silly (who
wants an invisible flare?), but there are situation where you want to try
out both possibilities, for instance when the light is partly hidden. For
animations, I don't know, I am not an animator, but I imagine the same may
apply.

> If i can do that it will be a "grand plaisir pour moi"
==> Merci! Merci!

Thomas