POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Rendering Server Time: 16 Dec 2018 02:05:45 GMT
  Rendering (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: A-DESIGN
Subject: Rendering
Date: 26 Apr 2005 07:21:36
Message: <426dec00@news.povray.org>
Here is a new rendering that I have done by using Chief Architect and POVRAY
V3.6 ,I made an export set by Chief then did some modification on the file
in POVRAY and finally rendered the file in POVRAY, any comments are welcome
if you have any comments please tell me how I should apply it, because I am
new and this is my first rendering by using POVRAY.

Thanks in advance.
Afshin K.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'final.jpg' (115 KB)

Preview of image 'final.jpg'
final.jpg


 

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Rendering
Date: 26 Apr 2005 07:39:17
Message: <426df025@news.povray.org>
"A-DESIGN" <afs### [at] hotmailcom> a écrit dans le message de
news:426dec00@news.povray.org...
> Here is a new rendering that I have done by using Chief Architect and
POVRAY
> V3.6 ,I made an export set by Chief then did some modification on the file
> in POVRAY and finally rendered the file in POVRAY, any comments are
welcome
> if you have any comments please tell me how I should apply it, because I
am
> new and this is my first rendering by using POVRAY.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Afshin K.
>
The 1st reflection which comes to my mind is : sun should be brighter.

Did you use Moray?
If not, maybe this group is not the right place to post your work :-)
povray.binaries.images sould be better

Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: A-DESIGN
Subject: Re: Rendering
Date: 26 Apr 2005 08:03:05
Message: <426df5b9$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Marc,
No I haven't used Moray,but in order to make the sun brighter should I 
change the ambient in global setting or I should change something else ?

Afshin.


"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message 
news:426df025@news.povray.org...
>
> "A-DESIGN" <afs### [at] hotmailcom> a écrit dans le message de
> news:426dec00@news.povray.org...
>> Here is a new rendering that I have done by using Chief Architect and
> POVRAY
>> V3.6 ,I made an export set by Chief then did some modification on the 
>> file
>> in POVRAY and finally rendered the file in POVRAY, any comments are
> welcome
>> if you have any comments please tell me how I should apply it, because I
> am
>> new and this is my first rendering by using POVRAY.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Afshin K.
>>
> The 1st reflection which comes to my mind is : sun should be brighter.
>
> Did you use Moray?
> If not, maybe this group is not the right place to post your work :-)
> povray.binaries.images sould be better
>
> Marc
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Rendering
Date: 27 Apr 2005 07:22:12
Message: <426f3da4@news.povray.org>
"A-DESIGN" <afs### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
news:426dec00@news.povray.org...
> Here is a new rendering that I have done by using Chief Architect and
POVRAY
> V3.6 ,I made an export set by Chief then did some modification on the file
> in POVRAY and finally rendered the file in POVRAY, any comments are
welcome
> if you have any comments please tell me how I should apply it, because I
am
> new and this is my first rendering by using POVRAY.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Afshin K.
>
>
>
If no Moray, then post in p.b.i.
I like this. However (there always is a however!), I suppose that Chief
Architect works with image maps for the textures? For the walls this is not
so apparent, so perhaps that is not true there, but for the roof it is
perturbing. The tiles have no third dimension, especially visible at the
roof crest. It depends what the scene is to be used for, but a more 3D roof
would be better, imo.
In that same line of thinking, the wall texture could use some normals for a
more interesting aspect.
The entrance pavement is very reflective, almost mirror-like. Try turning
that down a little bit for a more natural look.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Rendering
Date: 30 Apr 2005 11:53:58
Message: <427371d6$1@news.povray.org>
"A-DESIGN" <afs### [at] hotmailcom> a écrit dans le message de
news:426df5b9$1@news.povray.org...
> Thanks Marc,
> No I haven't used Moray,but in order to make the sun brighter should I
> change the ambient in global setting or I should change something else ?
>
> Afshin.
>
>
No don't touch ambient.
You have to find the light_source which plays the sun role and multiply its
rgb value by 1.5 for example

HTH

Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: A-DESIGN
Subject: Re: Rendering
Date: 3 May 2005 06:39:55
Message: <42771cbb$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks marc.

"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message 
news:427371d6$1@news.povray.org...
>
> "A-DESIGN" <afs### [at] hotmailcom> a écrit dans le message de
> news:426df5b9$1@news.povray.org...
>> Thanks Marc,
>> No I haven't used Moray,but in order to make the sun brighter should I
>> change the ambient in global setting or I should change something else ?
>>
>> Afshin.
>>
>>
> No don't touch ambient.
> You have to find the light_source which plays the sun role and multiply 
> its
> rgb value by 1.5 for example
>
> HTH
>
> Marc
>
>


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.