POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Puzzling... : Re: Puzzling... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puzzling...
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 22 Aug 2006 12:13:20
Message: <m5bme21icv9tjhmaev8sc8c91qv5p9119c@4ax.com>
Hi Thomas de Groot, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Something has been baffling me for some time now: the use of search paths,
> in particular for plugins. I would like to keep my plugins in a separate
> directory so that I do not have to reload them each individually when - for
> whatever reason - Moray has to be upgraded, re-installed or whatever.
Yes, the plugin path is handled slightly differently.

If you want just one search path, you need to set it in View >
Configuration > Advanced > Directory to search for Plugin DLLs.

You can use multiple search paths, but you have to edit the registry
for that. Edit the PluginsPath string in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftTronics\Moray For Windows Beta\Config
and seperate search paths by semicolons. I think that should work.
I have no idea why I put plugins in the search path.... but I think I
had a good reason at the time :-)

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray