POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Hi ---- Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:44:51 EDT (-0400)
  Hi ---- (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: dbott
Subject: Hi ----
Date: 2 Jul 2007 00:59:44
Message: <46888640$1@news.povray.org>
I feel odd in the stills group...kinda out of place...you know, when you are
at a
party with a friend and don't know anyone...........Well I just stop bye to
express
what was troubling me from the beginning of your new competition. There is
one month
to go for the completion of the animations. And I finished early, because
July is a
very busy work month for me. Looking around the tc-rtc web site, I don't see
much detailed information about animations. Steve, I know you are working on
the site and congrats on your first round (only 4,  but very nice RayTraced
images).
I asked at one time in this newsgroup if this site was going to have a place
for animations.
And I think I read yes. If this is not the case I will move on. I was let
down by the old
irtc after working on my dance animation for 2 months only to be put on some
side page.....
My Black Robe animation is done and I want to know if I am at the right
party.

I'll find my own way out,
    Thank you
          Darin Bottner

Post a reply to this message

"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> I feel odd in the stills group...kinda out of place...you know, when you are
> at a
> party with a friend and don't know anyone...........Well I just stop bye to
> express
> what was troubling me from the beginning of your new competition. There is
> one month
> to go for the completion of the animations. And I finished early, because
> July is a
> very busy work month for me. Looking around the tc-rtc web site, I don't see
> much detailed information about animations. Steve, I know you are working on
> the site and congrats on your first round (only 4,  but very nice RayTraced
> images).
> I asked at one time in this newsgroup if this site was going to have a place
> for animations.
> And I think I read yes. If this is not the case I will move on. I was let
> down by the old
> irtc after working on my dance animation for 2 months only to be put on some
> side page.....
> My Black Robe animation is done and I want to know if I am at the right
> party.
>
> I'll find my own way out,
>     Thank you
>           Darin Bottner

Just 2c from somebody who read your post:
(Disclaimer: The only raytracing contest I've ever entered was the most
recent short-code contest, but I was always an enthusiastic viewer of IRTC
animations.)  I think it's a little early to be bummed out about the party.
 Stills have always had a lot more entries than animations and it looks like
the community is only just getting started on the stills for turnout.  I
don't see anything un-natural about where things are at so far.  I hope
that there will be more animation too though.
Charles

Post a reply to this message

"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote in message
>I feel odd in the stills group...kinda out of place...you know, when you
>are
> at a
> party with a friend and don't know anyone...........Well I just stop bye
> express
> what was troubling me from the beginning of your new competition.

> There is one month to go for the completion of the animations.

   Darin, no, the end of the animations is August 31st, don't forget that
it's 4 monthly now. You may want to work on it some more?

> My Black Robe animation is done and I want to know if I am at the right
> party.

  Yes, you're at the right party alright, just don't go home early, that's
all.  :o)

    ~Steve~

> I'll find my own way out,
>    Thank you