POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC viewing Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:33:05 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC viewing (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: milco2006
Subject: IRTC viewing
Date: 31 Jan 2007 09:15:01
Message: <web.45c0a429308ccdabaf38a6540@news.povray.org>
Hey,

As people may have noticed there is now a viewing page for the irtc Nov-Dec
round. However having become excited i noticed my image was not among those
available for viewing despite a submission within plenty of time and such. I
submitted it by email not through the ftp (it wouldnt work as the network i
am on at the moment stops me uploading to ftps annoyingly.) Can anyone
help/ shed any light on why this might have happened? Has anyone else found
a problem with their image not appearing?

Malcolm (a newbie to irtc submission although a seasoned raytracer)

Post a reply to this message

> As people may have noticed there is now a viewing page for the irtc Nov-Dec
> round. However having become excited i noticed my image was not among those
> available for viewing despite a submission within plenty of time and such. I
> submitted it by email not through the ftp (it wouldnt work as the network i
> am on at the moment stops me uploading to ftps annoyingly.) Can anyone
> help/ shed any light on why this might have happened? Has anyone else found
> a problem with their image not appearing?

As you may have read in these groups, the admin in charge is not responding
to email. While I have no idea where email submissions go, if they go into
his mailbox, you can imagine why your submission does not appear. If or when
there will be voting possible (note: I am not saying there will be voting
possible, nor that there won't be), you can be sure attempts will be made to
retrieve the email submissions. For now, they won't be there. Sorry!

	Thorsten, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

> As you may have read in these groups, the admin in charge is not responding
> to email. While I have no idea where email submissions go, if they go into
> his mailbox, you can imagine why your submission does not appear. If or when
> there will be voting possible (note: I am not saying there will be voting
> possible, nor that there won't be), you can be sure attempts will be made to
> retrieve the email submissions. For now, they won't be there. Sorry!
>
>  Thorsten, POV-Team

Thanks for replying, you have a point there and I should really have thought
of that myself. I was mainly worried that I had done something silly while
submitting so glad that is not the case.

Malcolm