POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:19:57 EDT (-0400)
   "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! (Message 63 to 72 of 82)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!--- Tina Chep background
Date: 25 Jan 2007 15:22:25
Message: <ob4ir2t0spf6fe1lvf44kul43r6gkn0n2a@4ax.com>
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:13:37 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>> Welcome among us, Tina ...
>>

>She is a bit shy, you know...  :-)

Her sister is not. You should see her from an other direction :-)

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Bruno Cabasson
Subject: Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
Date: 25 Jan 2007 15:25:00
Message: <web.45b911d32adc5aebc4f580310@news.povray.org>
"Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> wrote:
> "Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
>

> > ...I suggested only one sdl file for POVers and one "MODEL" for
> > modelers...........
>

> you mean by a one "model". What is the alternative?
>
> I understand a minimalistic approach is being discussed, one kind of
> primitive or primitives only etc. and I support this idea so far.
>
> I just need a little bit more clarification on how to implement this "one

> allowed to make the floor too? Or is this a one scene only approach? Not
> allowed to import element from other files?
>
> Does somebody have a clear idea about this?

Well, the concern here is only to define general guidelines. We have little
time, so let the scenes be 'simple'. When I say "one model", it is a global
idea
to avoid too much complexity. It is the same idea than 'a single POV-file'.
It might also reduce the difference between newbees and gurus and give a
better chance to all. I can confess that I did not have a clear idea of
what it actualy ment, if you want. No problem.

Of course you can put tens of objects in your model! The discusion was also
around he question of restrictions and rules for this pseudo-round. I
recall we just want to keep us busy until IRTC admins say something.

Perhaps I should have said 'from scratch', or 'not too big' or some kind of
concept like that. We just want to have fun and 'compete' a little more.

Btw: The topic is still on discussion...

Post a reply to this message