POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Results Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Results (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rene Bui
Subject: Results
Date: 19 Sep 2006 03:15:01
Message: <web.450f979f501edd886c7e53f00@news.povray.org>
Thank You All for your comments and votes!
Despite a very small number of participants, it was a not so bad round I
guess.

Of course my favorite was Quincy by Phil Brewer.
Phil: your image reminds me the Becher's work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_and_Hilla_Becher
http://www.hildania.de/users/hildi/wiki/BerndUndHillaBecher.jpg

Sean: yes, the stone step is actually Wings, just uv-mapped with a stone
texture and bump mapped with a simple Pov granite.

Well, congrats to all and good luck for the next round ! ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> Thank You All for your comments and votes!
> Despite a very small number of participants, it was a not so bad round I
> guess.
>
> Of course my favorite was Quincy by Phil Brewer.
> Phil: your image reminds me the Becher's work.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_and_Hilla_Becher
> http://www.hildania.de/users/hildi/wiki/BerndUndHillaBecher.jpg
>
> Sean: yes, the stone step is actually Wings, just uv-mapped with a stone
> texture and bump mapped with a simple Pov granite.
>
> Well, congrats to all and good luck for the next round ! ;-)

Hi Rene,

Congratulations on your 1st place, it is a really great image and thanks for
answering my question. That's the good (and sometimes annoying) thing about
3D art, so much to learn about the different techniques people use.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Congratulations on your image Rene and thank you for the compliment. I'll
take a look at the links you posted.