POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Arrghh Server Time
4 May 2024 10:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Arrghh (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: bongotastic
Subject: Re: Arrghh
Date: 8 May 2004 11:56:12
Message: <409d031c$1@news.povray.org>
I would backtrack a bit, I don't think the problem lies with whom wears/own
the admin hat but more that the mundane tasks are done automatically to
everyone's comtempt.

If anyone with a basic knowledge of PHP could write a "make_vote_page"
script and a compile_vote_ and_post_results, all this fired up from the CRON
( or any other scheduler) daemon, it would take the heat off the admin team.
My students are whisking scripts like this in an hour or so (Although I
couldn't myself).

Yet again, as discussed previously, this suggestion is probably not read by
the admin team .  Also, reading from the IRTC sites, the admin team does not
seem to be eager to get help in the first place.

BTW. I am not complaining here, and if there is anything I can do to help, I
will volunteer gladly.

Cheers,

Christian