POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC thought on voting/rating Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:44:43 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC thought on voting/rating (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
Date: 25 Jul 2008 07:17:08
Message: <4889b634@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:55cj849oqu2cp3uh5ljponto9i4l2jm8q1@4ax.com...

> Yeah, the 20/20/20 should be a last resort IMO. I did not know that new
> entrants
> could not vote. Maybe if a score is less than 5 a comment must be made
> compulsory (?)

This seems to be a good suggestion to me. I'll second that.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Jul 2008 07:18:36
Message: <4889b68c$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:488993de@news.povray.org...

>  Hehe, you're not daft Thomas, far from it. :) You are perfectly correct
> of course, and I have to again say that I didn't like that particular rule
> myself. It was a way to try and get entrants to enter at another time,
> rather than just enter once and then disappear never to be seen again. It
> was also a way to stop vote rigging as there were a few who created extra
> accounts. Anyway, I've now addressed this and now ALL members can vote
> whether or not they have entered or will never enter. The rules have been
> amended to reflect this, and additionally, I've also added that any member
> can enter as many times as they want as long as it's a 'different' take on
> the subject. This of course also applies to animations.

Excellent news, Steve! Let's look how it goes from here.

(still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:18:37 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>(still a lot to do on my next entry.... but it grows, it grows...)

Mine doesn't, so there's a contrast <g>
--

Regards
     Stephen