POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC update Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:35:37 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC update (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: St
Subject: TC-RTC update
Date: 15 Feb 2008 00:07:53
Message: <47b51e29$1@news.povray.org>
Hey folks

  Well, we made it to double figures. First time, I think. That's good. :)
Thanks to all that entered - much appreciated.

   I'm hoping the new Stills Challenge for March/April ("Moon-Face"
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/index/index.html) will generate a whole lot more
entries this time around. Yeah, I know it's the topic system that has caused
problems for some, but in all honesty, was that last challenge that bad for
us guys? I would say no, not at all. I've seen what you can do.

   I've made a decision that for the time being, I'll keep the topic system
as it is. I think it's working. There are some wonderful topics to come yet,
and I think we should milk it. What I may do though, is 'sprinkle' this
system around in the near future amongst whatever you guys come up with as a
decent topic suggestion system that we can all use easily and fairly.
Thoughts?

        ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

>   Well, we made it to double figures. First time, I think. That's good. :)
> Thanks to all that entered - much appreciated.
>
>    I'm hoping the new Stills Challenge for March/April ("Moon-Face"
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/index/index.html) will generate a whole lot more
> entries this time around. Yeah, I know it's the topic system that has caused
> problems for some, but in all honesty, was that last challenge that bad for
> us guys? I would say no, not at all. I've seen what you can do.
>
>    I've made a decision that for the time being, I'll keep the topic system
> as it is. I think it's working. There are some wonderful topics to come yet,
> and I think we should milk it. What I may do though, is 'sprinkle' this
> system around in the near future amongst whatever you guys come up with as a
> decent topic suggestion system that we can all use easily and fairly.
> Thoughts?

I thought it was a great topic and was developing an idea but somehow I
missunderstood the deadline and thought it was end of Jan
so I stopped.

Moon-Face, hmmm.....

Post a reply to this message

From: William Tracy
Date: 15 Feb 2008 15:38:30
Message: <47b5f846$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> I thought it was a great topic and was developing an idea but somehow I
> missunderstood the deadline and thought it was end of Jan
> so I stopped.

That's a shame.

The front page of the TC-RTC site has a countdown of the days left until
the competition is over.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

Live by the code, die by the code.