POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Some news from the Admins concerning the IRTC Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:02:48 EDT (-0400)
  Some news from the Admins concerning the IRTC (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Isaac K
Subject: Some news from the Admins concerning the IRTC
Date: 24 Jan 2007 22:00:01
Message: <web.45b81c599d007eab650cbb530@news.povray.org>
Greetings once again everyone.

As I promised in my last message, posted on the "New Topic?" thread, I have
returned with word from a Povray administrator concerning the situation
with the IRTC.

The message I received is as follows:

>> I am concerned about the situation too, and have raised it with the [IRTC]
>> admins. One of them (who normally does the final round processing) is not
>> responding to email, so I don't really know what is up.

>> Ultimately, if the IRTC isn't going to work properly anymore, probably it
>> might be time for it to have a rest. The code developed for POVCOMP is
>> available to restructure into a new competition, if someone wants to take
>> on the work, but it would be a fair job to make it all work automatically
>> (which IMO is important). I will of course offer support for this and the
>> needed hosting.

>> At the moment all we can do is wait and see what eventuates.

So it looks like there's a certain amount of confusion taking place among
the Povray admins themselves.

Perhaps we should be patient for a while longer and see what happens
concerning the IRTC.  Though, in the meantime, it would probably be prudent
to continue developing plans for a potential successor to the IRTC, if it
should fail altogether.

Also, as I've said before, I vote for "primitives" for the Jan-Feb
pseudo-competition.  But, then, where would we send our submissions to?
Would someone be willing to accept entries (just this one time) and post
them online?

Regards,

-Isaac K

Post a reply to this message