POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Music Results Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:47:21 EDT (-0400)
  Music Results (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Skip Talbot
Subject: Music Results
Date: 4 May 2006 21:00:46
Message: <445aa3be$1@news.povray.org>
I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
out pour.

It seems like the round could have been called "ipods" instead of
"music."  However, there were some very nice conceptual ideas that were
ipod orientated anyway including Rob Fitzel's orchestra scene, and Felix
Rust's retro ipod.  I love how each person is individually modeled in
Rob's scene.  Each one has lifelike character.

And of course let's not forget the outrageously bizarre concepts like
Jason Knight's scene.  Its shocking yet well executed.  Also, Anthony
Morrison's violince was a clever pun.

I can't wait to see the results of the voting.  Good luck everyone.

BTW, I was able to download all the images last night, and now they are
locked again.  I wonder what that is about.  You can still see the
thumbnails at:  http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html

Skip

Post a reply to this message

> I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
> music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
> Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
> out pour.

Thank you :)
Phil's Cacophony is very cute and well mastered (LOL "pans and pots" I was
looking for a mixing desk...)
Norbert's outpour is full of  poetry and sorrow... why did this young lady
drop her violin? the sudden memory of a loved and lost one?

> It seems like the round could have been called "ipods" instead of
> "music."  However, there were some very nice conceptual ideas that were
> ipod orientated anyway including Rob Fitzel's orchestra scene, and Felix
> Rust's retro ipod.  I love how each person is individually modeled in
> Rob's scene.  Each one has lifelike character.
If you carefully read his explanations, you'll see it is not completely true
:-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: s day
Date: 5 May 2006 12:05:00
Message: <web.445b77952f80a8c5f1a899fd0@news.povray.org>
I agree, this is the best round I have seen in a while, it will certainly
make voting more difficult than usual with so many great entries.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2006 02:47:58
Message: <44618c9e@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> schreef in bericht
> I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
> music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
> Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
> out pour.

Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where can
I hear the Music?  :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2006 03:01:00
Message: <44618fac@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht

> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
can
> I hear the Music?  :-)

...never mind. Found that ftp site. Large files (for my slow system)... I
think I shall wait for the update on the website... :-(

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Date: 10 May 2006 06:50:01
Message: <web.4461c4ec2f80a8c5587ec4020@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:

> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where can
> I hear the Music?  :-)

The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
:-(
( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 10 May 2006 19:04:35
Message: <44627183@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>
>> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
>> can
>> I hear the Music?  :-)
>

> The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
> :-(
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

       Thank you very much Norbert. Been dying to see these images! :)

         ~Steve~

> Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message

From: Larry Hudson
Date: 11 May 2006 01:59:11
Message: <4462d2af$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht
>
>>Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
>
> can
>
>>I hear the Music?  :-)
>>

> ...never mind. Found that ftp site. Large files (for my slow system)... I
> think I shall wait for the update on the website... :-(
>
> Thomas

You are finding the zipped files aren't you?  They're in
/pub/stills/2006-04-30/zipped-up.  Two 5Mb files for the entire set of
images:  images-1.zip and images-2.zip.

I've fortunately been able to switch to broadband myself, but when I was
using (56k) dialup, I didn't find that 10Mb was an unreasonable
download.  Of course, as usual, YMMV    ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2006 04:08:38
Message: <4462f106@news.povray.org>
"Larry Hudson" <org### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht

> I've fortunately been able to switch to broadband myself, but when I was
> using (56k) dialup, I didn't find that 10Mb was an unreasonable
> download.  Of course, as usual, YMMV    ;-)

Yeah, I know! I shall switch to broadband in due time certainly, after I
have bought a new PC. Mine is too old now.. In the mean time, I'll manage
:-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2006 04:08:39
Message: <4462f107@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> schreef in bericht

> The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
> :-(
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

Oh! That's good! Thanks a lot Norbert!!

Thomas