POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Music Results Server Time: 25 Oct 2020 01:27:14 GMT
  Music Results (Message 1 to 10 of 11)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Skip Talbot
Subject: Music Results
Date: 5 May 2006 01:00:46
Message: <445aa3be$1@news.povray.org>
I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the 
music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil 
Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's 
out pour.

It seems like the round could have been called "ipods" instead of 
"music."  However, there were some very nice conceptual ideas that were 
ipod orientated anyway including Rob Fitzel's orchestra scene, and Felix 
Rust's retro ipod.  I love how each person is individually modeled in 
Rob's scene.  Each one has lifelike character.

And of course let's not forget the outrageously bizarre concepts like 
Jason Knight's scene.  Its shocking yet well executed.  Also, Anthony 
Morrison's violince was a clever pun.

I can't wait to see the results of the voting.  Good luck everyone.

BTW, I was able to download all the images last night, and now they are 
locked again.  I wonder what that is about.  You can still see the 
thumbnails at:  http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html

Skip


Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 5 May 2006 07:49:04
Message: <445b0370@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> a écrit dans le message de
news:445aa3be$1@news.povray.org...
> I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
> music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
> Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
> out pour.

Thank you :)
Phil's Cacophony is very cute and well mastered (LOL "pans and pots" I was
looking for a mixing desk...)
Norbert's outpour is full of  poetry and sorrow... why did this young lady
drop her violin? the sudden memory of a loved and lost one?

>
> It seems like the round could have been called "ipods" instead of
> "music."  However, there were some very nice conceptual ideas that were
> ipod orientated anyway including Rob Fitzel's orchestra scene, and Felix
> Rust's retro ipod.  I love how each person is individually modeled in
> Rob's scene.  Each one has lifelike character.
If you carefully read his explanations, you'll see it is not completely true
:-)

Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: s day
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 5 May 2006 16:05:00
Message: <web.445b77952f80a8c5f1a899fd0@news.povray.org>
I agree, this is the best round I have seen in a while, it will certainly
make voting more difficult than usual with so many great entries.

Sean


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 10 May 2006 06:47:58
Message: <44618c9e@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> schreef in bericht
news:445aa3be$1@news.povray.org...
> I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
> music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
> Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
> out pour.
>

Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where can
I hear the Music?  :-)

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 10 May 2006 07:01:00
Message: <44618fac@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht
news:44618c9e@news.povray.org...
>
> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
can
> I hear the Music?  :-)
>

...never mind. Found that ftp site. Large files (for my slow system)... I
think I shall wait for the update on the website... :-(

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 10 May 2006 10:50:01
Message: <web.4461c4ec2f80a8c5587ec4020@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:

> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where can
> I hear the Music?  :-)


The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
:-(
( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )


Norbert Kern


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 10 May 2006 23:04:35
Message: <44627183@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message 
news:web.4461c4ec2f80a8c5587ec4020@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>
>> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where 
>> can
>> I hear the Music?  :-)
>
>
> The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
> :-(
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

       Thank you very much Norbert. Been dying to see these images! :)

         ~Steve~

>
>
> Norbert Kern
>
>
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Larry Hudson
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 11 May 2006 05:59:11
Message: <4462d2af$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht
> news:44618c9e@news.povray.org...
> 
>>Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
> 
> can
> 
>>I hear the Music?  :-)
>>
> 
> 
> ...never mind. Found that ftp site. Large files (for my slow system)... I
> think I shall wait for the update on the website... :-(
> 
> Thomas
>

You are finding the zipped files aren't you?  They're in 
/pub/stills/2006-04-30/zipped-up.  Two 5Mb files for the entire set of 
images:  images-1.zip and images-2.zip.

I've fortunately been able to switch to broadband myself, but when I was 
using (56k) dialup, I didn't find that 10Mb was an unreasonable 
download.  Of course, as usual, YMMV    ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 11 May 2006 08:08:38
Message: <4462f106@news.povray.org>
"Larry Hudson" <org### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht
news:4462d2af$1@news.povray.org...
>
> I've fortunately been able to switch to broadband myself, but when I was
> using (56k) dialup, I didn't find that 10Mb was an unreasonable
> download.  Of course, as usual, YMMV    ;-)
>

Yeah, I know! I shall switch to broadband in due time certainly, after I
have bought a new PC. Mine is too old now.. In the mean time, I'll manage
:-)

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 11 May 2006 08:08:39
Message: <4462f107@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> schreef in bericht
news:web.4461c4ec2f80a8c5587ec4020@news.povray.org...
>
> The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
> :-(
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )
>
>
Oh! That's good! Thanks a lot Norbert!!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.