POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Music Results Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:03:17 EDT (-0400)
  Music Results (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Music Results
Date: 5 May 2006 03:49:04
Message: <445b0370@news.povray.org>

news:445aa3be$1@news.povray.org...
> I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
> music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
> Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
> out pour.

Thank you :)
Phil's Cacophony is very cute and well mastered (LOL "pans and pots" I was
looking for a mixing desk...)
Norbert's outpour is full of  poetry and sorrow... why did this young lady
drop her violin? the sudden memory of a loved and lost one?

> It seems like the round could have been called "ipods" instead of
> "music."  However, there were some very nice conceptual ideas that were
> ipod orientated anyway including Rob Fitzel's orchestra scene, and Felix
> Rust's retro ipod.  I love how each person is individually modeled in
> Rob's scene.  Each one has lifelike character.
If you carefully read his explanations, you'll see it is not completely true
:-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: s day
Date: 5 May 2006 12:05:00
Message: <web.445b77952f80a8c5f1a899fd0@news.povray.org>
I agree, this is the best round I have seen in a while, it will certainly
make voting more difficult than usual with so many great entries.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2006 02:47:58
Message: <44618c9e@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> schreef in bericht
> I just wanted to say I was really impressed with the results of the
> music round.  Lots of great entries.  My favorites including Phil
> Brewer's pots and pans, Marc Jacquier's sound card, and Norbert Kern's
> out pour.

Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where can
I hear the Music?  :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2006 03:01:00
Message: <44618fac@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht

> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
can
> I hear the Music?  :-)

...never mind. Found that ftp site. Large files (for my slow system)... I
think I shall wait for the update on the website... :-(

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Date: 10 May 2006 06:50:01
Message: <web.4461c4ec2f80a8c5587ec4020@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:

> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where can
> I hear the Music?  :-)

The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
:-(
( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 10 May 2006 19:04:35
Message: <44627183@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>
>> Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
>> can
>> I hear the Music?  :-)
>

> The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
> :-(
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

       Thank you very much Norbert. Been dying to see these images! :)

         ~Steve~

> Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message

From: Larry Hudson
Date: 11 May 2006 01:59:11
Message: <4462d2af$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht
>
>>Aargh!!! Here the site still (May, 10th) shows the previous round! Where
>
> can
>
>>I hear the Music?  :-)
>>

> ...never mind. Found that ftp site. Large files (for my slow system)... I
> think I shall wait for the update on the website... :-(
>
> Thomas

You are finding the zipped files aren't you?  They're in
/pub/stills/2006-04-30/zipped-up.  Two 5Mb files for the entire set of
images:  images-1.zip and images-2.zip.

I've fortunately been able to switch to broadband myself, but when I was
using (56k) dialup, I didn't find that 10Mb was an unreasonable
download.  Of course, as usual, YMMV    ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2006 04:08:38
Message: <4462f106@news.povray.org>
"Larry Hudson" <org### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht

> I've fortunately been able to switch to broadband myself, but when I was
> using (56k) dialup, I didn't find that 10Mb was an unreasonable
> download.  Of course, as usual, YMMV    ;-)

Yeah, I know! I shall switch to broadband in due time certainly, after I
have bought a new PC. Mine is too old now.. In the mean time, I'll manage
:-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2006 04:08:39
Message: <4462f107@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> schreef in bericht

> The Music round IRTC page is accessible, but not from the irtc main page.
> :-(
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

Oh! That's good! Thanks a lot Norbert!!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 22 May 2006 20:01:35
Message: <447250df@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern"  wrote
> ( http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/view.html )

     How easy would it have been to put that page up live?

       It's still not there, and I'm puzzled????

        Hoping the admins are well.

         ~Steve~