POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Failing entries Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Failing entries (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Skip Talbot
Subject: Failing entries
Date: 4 May 2004 00:55:27
Message: <4097223f$1@news.povray.org>
Looks like we got several "not-made-for-IRTC" entries.  You know the ones
created by some commercial package that look nice, but have absolutely
nothing to do with the topic and have no text file description whatsoever.
A few examples are the sports car entries and the light beer.  Now, the
light beer would be a serious competitor IF maybe they took the time to
explain why its a great invention and how they created the image.  The
sports cars are neat but generic.  How is that a great invention, its like
any other car..  For all we know, the image could have come from anywhere
and taken months to create.  It irritates me that people submit these
entries.  Yes they are good but NO they don't deserve to compete because
they weren't made for the IRTC.  I feel as if they should be disqualified,
but alas I know that could never be or IRTC would lose integrity and there
would be huge debates on what should stay and what shouldn't.

Skip Talbot

Post a reply to this message