POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture - Whoville Server Time
18 Apr 2024 00:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Architecture - Whoville (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Architecture - Whoville
Date: 10 Jun 2003 15:12:37
Message: <3ee62da5$1@news.povray.org>
This image has a very contained feel.  No swinging for the fences
here,... rather we have a competent, workmanly basehit.
The stylization is borrowed from childrens literature, specifically Dr.
Seuss.  The smoothed, generalized handling carries throughout the
picture giving toylike sense to world portrayed.  It has the slightly
campy effect of showing familiar aspects of our own world parodied in an
analogue, cartoon world.

-Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

f*%k Whoville.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

>This image has a very contained feel.  No swinging for the fences
>here,... rather we have a competent, workmanly basehit.
>The stylization is borrowed from childrens literature, specifically Dr.
>Seuss.  The smoothed, generalized handling carries throughout the
>picture giving toylike sense to world portrayed.  It has the slightly
>campy effect of showing familiar aspects of our own world parodied in an
>analogue, cartoon world.
>
>-Jim

This was one of my personal favorites, but then, I've always been a sucker
for Dr Seuss....

I had actually thought of doing a Seuss-like image for the round, not
necessarily from a specific story, but just using his style, but decided
I'd never finish it in time.

RG - just one of those things I never outgrew from childhood