POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Website Update : Re: Website Update Server Time: 30 Sep 2020 09:59:21 GMT
  Re: Website Update
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 9 Apr 2007 18:40:01
Shay <not### [at] notmailcom> wrote:

> Scaling the votes would provide a result more consistent with the true
> opinions of the voters. By scaling, I mean that the standard deviation
> of each voter's votes would be "corrected" to 1. This would be very easy
> to automate. Here's an example:
> See the problem? Six of the Seven voters preferred entry1, but because
> of the "deviant" way in which voter7 ranked the images, entry1 is in
> third place.

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide
everything".
-Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

Mere mathematical correction might be insufficient for dealing with those
who cast "deviant" votes. Perhaps we could establish re-education centers
where the "voter7s" of the world could become acquainted with the joys of
voting with the herd.

Moo.