POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : current trtcrc ends in april or february? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  current trtcrc ends in april or february? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: jhu
Subject: current trtcrc ends in april or february?
Date: 28 Jan 2014 19:20:01
Message: <web.52e8483e28a90aedd19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
I'm confused. The stills page states 77 days until it ends. But when I log in,
it says it ends on February 28? So, which is it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: current trtcrc ends in april or february?
Date: 29 Jan 2014 03:34:29
Message: <52e8bd15$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-1-2014 1:15, jhu wrote:
> I'm confused. The stills page states 77 days until it ends. But when I log in,
> it says it ends on February 28? So, which is it?

It is April and not February. Only consider the floating clock as that
is the real time for the challenge. Due to the fact that we have still
not been able to upgrade the site, we still have to cope with the
discrepancy. Best is to wait till beginning of March to upload your
image(s) for the Star Challenge otherwise you might need to upload twice
like in the preceding challenges. Not a big deal but irritating, I know.
Take patience, changes will come through in the end ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Date: 29 Jan 2014 10:35:00
Message: <web.52e91f0e57629605d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>

> It is April and not February. Only consider the floating clock as that
> is the real time for the challenge. Due to the fact that we have still
> not been able to upgrade the site, we still have to cope with the
> discrepancy. Best is to wait till beginning of March to upload your
> image(s) for the Star Challenge otherwise you might need to upload twice
> like in the preceding challenges. Not a big deal but irritating, I know.
> Take patience, changes will come through in the end ;-)
>
> Thomas

Oh good. That means I can procrastinate some more.

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Date: 29 Jan 2014 12:20:00
Message: <web.52e937bb57629605d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Oh good. That means I can procrastinate some more.

I mean render. Yeah, I can render longer...

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Jan 2014 12:54:05
Message: <52e9403d$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/01/14 17:17, jhu wrote:
> "jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> Oh good. That means I can procrastinate some more.
>
> I mean render. Yeah, I can render longer...

:-D

--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jan 2014 03:25:10
Message: <52eb5de6$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-1-2014 18:17, jhu wrote:
> "jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> Oh good. That means I can procrastinate some more.
>
> I mean render. Yeah, I can render longer...

Just so.

[now, where did I get that expression from?]

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 31 Jan 2014 07:21:06
Message: <52eb9532$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/01/14 08:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Just so.
>
> [now, where did I get that expression from?]
>
> Thomas

Rudyard Kipling?

<wanders off, kipling> Kiple, kiple, kiple

John

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jan 2014 07:59:33
Message: <52eb9e35$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-1-2014 13:20, Doctor John wrote:
> On 31/01/14 08:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Just so.
>>
>> [now, where did I get that expression from?]
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Rudyard Kipling?
>
> <wanders off, kipling> Kiple, kiple, kiple

No (although it may come from there through the author, who knows). It
is an expression much used by the people on the continent Essos (across
from Westeros) in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' by George Martin. A huge
story spread over five huge volumes to date, with two more to be
published in future. I am almost finishing the fifth volume (A Dance
with Dragons) and, although I am rather critical about fantasy in
general, I think this is a major read. The plot is highly elaborate,
inventive, and surprising; the characters' psychology is mostly sound
and necessarily complex; the locations are original and believable.

Probably better known by its HBO series name "Game of Thrones". However,
I always prefer the books over the film, although I have not seen them
in this case and they are reputedly well made.

Thomas