POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:44:43 EDT (-0400)
  An End? (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: An End?
Date: 9 Mar 2013 13:45:03
Message: <web.513b831ad55b2d266c409a920@news.povray.org>
Hi there,
I'm thinking about TINA CheP a little bit after the last rounds. And please
excuse my very plain arguments. The number of entrants were small. The winners
were a professionell (Normand), a semi-professionell (Robert) or Thomas, who is
a hobbiest but has an advantage being a retiree and has much more time for
rendering than occupied hobbiest like Stephen or me. I think the time of ray
tracing contests is gone now. So I will have an entrant at the now existing
round (I'm working heavily at this) not to have Ian alone. But I propose that
this is the last round of the TINA CheP contest. Sadly,  but I think one has to
meet reality someday even within virtual reality.

Best regards,

Michael

Post a reply to this message

> I'm thinking about TINA CheP a little bit after the last rounds. And please
> excuse my very plain arguments. The number of entrants were small. The winners
> were a professionell (Normand), a semi-professionell (Robert) or Thomas, who is
> a hobbiest but has an advantage being a retiree and has much more time for
> rendering than occupied hobbiest like Stephen or me. I think the time of ray
> tracing contests is gone now. So I will have an entrant at the now existing
> round (I'm working heavily at this) not to have Ian alone. But I propose that
> this is the last round of the TINA CheP contest. Sadly,  but I think one has to
> meet reality someday even within virtual reality.

Thanks Michael, for bringing this up.

I do not want to give my detailed opinion on this right now, as I am one
of the admins of the site. However, I admit that this thought has
crossed my mind several times over the past half year or so.

So, please, give your opinions, as I believe a majority of POV-Ray users
have participated in the TC-RTC some day in the past. Also, the TC-RTC
was initiated by the POV-Ray community.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message