POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC March/April 2013 Challenge: Woman Server Time
16 Apr 2024 17:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC March/April 2013 Challenge: Woman (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: TC-RTC March/April 2013 Challenge: Woman
Date: 15 Feb 2013 07:51:17
Message: <511e2f45$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

The January/February Stills Challenge: *After The Storm (by Arthur, T.
S. (Timothy Shay), 1809-1885)* has ended. Members are all kindly invited
to vote for the uploaded images. As usual, they can do this till the end
of the current month. They need to vote for /all/ the images for the
votes to be valid!

The new Challenge for March/April 2013 is: *Woman*.

At the drawing board!

Stephen & Thomas, TC-RTC Administrators

Post a reply to this message

> The January/February Stills Challenge: *After The Storm (by Arthur, T.
> S. (Timothy Shay), 1809-1885)* has ended. Members are all kindly invited
> to vote for the uploaded images. As usual, they can do this till the end
> of the current month. They need to vote for /all/ the images for the
> votes to be valid!
>
> The new Challenge for March/April 2013 is: *Woman*.
>
> At the drawing board!
>
> Stephen & Thomas, TC-RTC Administrators

I must admit that I was the first this round to have voted for topics and that
this topic was at second place within my voting. Since most entrants are male I
judge this a difficult topic and I think one should stress the TC rules a little
bit: It's not a call for nudity.

I'm not quite sure what to do this round. a famous woman? Aphrodite, Nefertiti

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

>> The January/February Stills Challenge: *After The Storm (by Arthur, T.
>> S. (Timothy Shay), 1809-1885)* has ended. Members are all kindly invited
>> to vote for the uploaded images. As usual, they can do this till the end
>> of the current month. They need to vote for /all/ the images for the
>> votes to be valid!
>>
>> The new Challenge for March/April 2013 is: *Woman*.
>>
>> At the drawing board!
>>
>> Stephen & Thomas, TC-RTC Administrators
>
> I must admit that I was the first this round to have voted for topics and that
> this topic was at second place within my voting. Since most entrants are male I
> judge this a difficult topic and I think one should stress the TC rules a little
> bit: It's not a call for nudity.
>
> I'm not quite sure what to do this round. a famous woman? Aphrodite, Nefertiti

This is a topic with obvious pitfalls :-)

My (also obvious) suggestion is: Be as original as you can. Surprise us.
Stretch the topic to its limits... and beyond.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> The January/February Stills Challenge: *After The Storm (by Arthur, T.
> S. (Timothy Shay), 1809-1885)* has ended. Members are all kindly invited
> to vote for the uploaded images. As usual, they can do this till the end
> of the current month. They need to vote for /all/ the images for the
> votes to be valid!

> The new Challenge for March/April 2013 is: *Woman*.

> At the drawing board!

How about some URLs?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> This is a topic with obvious pitfalls :-)
>
> My (also obvious) suggestion is: Be as original as you can. Surprise us.
> Stretch the topic to its limits... and beyond.
>
> Thomas

Yes indeed, that's why I have posted this remark. I still think about an goddess
of feminity. The Irish Aine is difficult since there are a lot of contradicting
stories about here. And there is no graphical evidence about her  - only some
pictures from modern esoterics. But I found evidence for an other goddess of

cats to visit the well of the Nurns. So I will go for Freya. O.k. (northern)
germanistic goddesses may be closer to my nature as a German.

Best regards,
Michael