POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC Forum: Want to become a member? Read this! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:04:44 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC Forum: Want to become a member? Read this! (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: TC-RTC Forum: Want to become a member? Read this!
Date: 16 Nov 2012 04:21:54
Message: <50a605b2@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

As the forumup.co.uk (of which the tinachepforum is part) is plagued by
spam (bots?) trying to become members, admission of new members is
strictly controlled by the administrators of each forum. I get
information about new requests on a daily basis, however, I am not
controlling the received mail every day which means I may miss some
genuine applicants.

To date, I have recognized too late two people from the POV-Ray
community: Nemesis and Shay. Maybe there are others but I have not seen
them. If anybody from this community wants to participate in the Tina
Chep Forum, please mention this *here* first, so that I can look out for
the application and activate the account within the three days
available. Please mention the name (and only the name) under which you
will apply.

I am sorry for this inconvenience but it seems that spams are difficult
to get blocked in the first place despite efforts in that direction, in
particular despite visual recognition.

Best regards,

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> I am sorry for this inconvenience but it seems that spams are difficult
> to get blocked in the first place despite efforts in that direction, in
> particular despite visual recognition.
>
> Thomas

Bots usually biuld misseplled phrases. Alwasy.

Bgimeno

Post a reply to this message

>> I am sorry for this inconvenience but it seems that spams are difficult
>> to get blocked in the first place despite efforts in that direction, in
>> particular despite visual recognition.
>>
>> Thomas
>

> Bots usually biuld misseplled phrases. Alwasy.

LOL.

The strange thing is that all those fake-members get past the visual
recognition. So, either the bots have become sentient, or thousands of
morons across the world do nothing else than applying 24/7 to all the
forums they find on the internet.

Both eventualities make me shudder. ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message