POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Looking to the future Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Looking to the future (Message 18 to 27 of 27)
From: John Coppens
Subject: Re: Looking to the future
Date: 2 Mar 2007 10:42:04
Message: <20070302124203.608c96de.john@johncoppens.com>
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:58:54 +1100

> I can provide the POVCOMP site source code and web hosting for a new
> competition. Long-time POV user Lance Birch, a professional web
> designer, is willing to supervise and assist with the coding stage. We
> would need some additional help there, as well as at least three
> trusted people who are willing to make a long term commitment to
> supervising the operation of the contest.

Hi Chris

I'm not sure about the 'trusted' issue, but I've done quite a few pages
in PHP and others, I offer my help.

> I would like to suggest one possibility. It would be interesting to be
> able to conduct a series of competitions - of variable length according
> to difficulty - that I would perhaps describe as the "POV-Team's
> Challenge".

Yes! Every single one of the propositions seems tempting! And even though
the IRTC certainly has (had?) its merits, I would certainly welcome (and
would be more easily seduced to participate in) a more dynamic challenge.

John

Post a reply to this message

"John Coppens" <joh### [at] johncoppenscom> wrote in message
news:200### [at] johncoppenscom...
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:58:54 +1100
> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
>
> > I can provide the POVCOMP site source code and web hosting for a new
> > competition. Long-time POV user Lance Birch, a professional web
> > designer, is willing to supervise and assist with the coding stage. We
> > would need some additional help there, as well as at least three
> > trusted people who are willing to make a long term commitment to
> > supervising the operation of the contest.
>
> Hi Chris
>
> I'm not sure about the 'trusted' issue, but I've done quite a few pages
> in PHP and others, I offer my help.
>
> > I would like to suggest one possibility. It would be interesting to be
> > able to conduct a series of competitions - of variable length according
> > to difficulty - that I would perhaps describe as the "POV-Team's
> > Challenge".
>
> Yes! Every single one of the propositions seems tempting! And even though
> the IRTC certainly has (had?) its merits, I would certainly welcome (and
> would be more easily seduced to participate in) a more dynamic challenge.
>
> John

Hi Chris,
As I mentioned before, I would be very happy to help out in any capacity.
Please email me, so we can discuss what is truly needed to make the irtc
continue on another ten years. I have Web programming background, and
would be willing to make a long term commitment to supervising the
operation of the contest.

Darin Bottner
dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom

Post a reply to this message