POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC statictics site Server Time
19 May 2024 13:50:24 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC statictics site (Message 1 to 10 of 22)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: JC (Exether)
Subject: IRTC statictics site
Date: 22 Feb 2004 12:11:59
Message: <4038e2df$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

As a java training, I started to write a program that takes the data 
files from the IRTC (results.txt files) parses them and generates pages 
with various ranking. As I think this could be of interest for the 
competion, I'd like to see with the admin team if we can work something 
out of it for an 'official' thing or if I might just run it as a 
separate site.

So if you could send me a mail at exe### [at] demoxandmailcom I'd give you 
the prototype address.

JC
PS: I had to post here because it seems that the mail page on the IRTC 
site isn't working.


Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 22 Feb 2004 16:48:44
Message: <403923bc$1@news.povray.org>
Woah that will be really cool!

Would it possible to have pages for individual artists? At the moment my website
has a list of all my irtc entries, but this was put together by hand, so it
would help me a lot if I could just link to automatically generated statistics
of my work! :)

-- 
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com

"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message news:4038e2df$1@news.povray.org...
> Hi all,
>
> As a java training, I started to write a program that takes the data
> files from the IRTC (results.txt files) parses them and generates pages
> with various ranking. As I think this could be of interest for the
> competion, I'd like to see with the admin team if we can work something
> out of it for an 'official' thing or if I might just run it as a
> separate site.
>
> So if you could send me a mail at exe### [at] demoxandmailcom I'd give you
> the prototype address.
>
> JC
> PS: I had to post here because it seems that the mail page on the IRTC
> site isn't working.


Post a reply to this message

From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 22 Feb 2004 23:53:35
Message: <4039874f@news.povray.org>
Yes, there is individual pages. The problem is that some people used up 
to 5 different names. I'm currently working on something to gather synonyms.

I also want to do some kind of yearly contest like a formula 1 
championship. I hope to have something finished pretty soon, but I'd 
like to get in touch with the IRTC guys, I want to avoid any 'copyright' 
problems. But they seem to be busy guys, and difficult to reach. :-)

JC


Tek wrote:
> Woah that will be really cool!
> 
> Would it possible to have pages for individual artists? At the moment my website
> has a list of all my irtc entries, but this was put together by hand, so it
> would help me a lot if I could just link to automatically generated statistics
> of my work! :)
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 23 Feb 2004 01:04:54
Message: <40399806$1@news.povray.org>
Well, would it be possible to make it generate the pages on demand from some
sort of database query? So we could tell it to list all results that match
certain criteria?

-- 
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com

"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message news:4039874f@news.povray.org...
> Yes, there is individual pages. The problem is that some people used up
> to 5 different names. I'm currently working on something to gather synonyms.
>
> I also want to do some kind of yearly contest like a formula 1
> championship. I hope to have something finished pretty soon, but I'd
> like to get in touch with the IRTC guys, I want to avoid any 'copyright'
> problems. But they seem to be busy guys, and difficult to reach. :-)
>
> JC
>
>
> Tek wrote:
> > Woah that will be really cool!
> >
> > Would it possible to have pages for individual artists? At the moment my
website
> > has a list of all my irtc entries, but this was put together by hand, so it
> > would help me a lot if I could just link to automatically generated
statistics
> > of my work! :)
> >


Post a reply to this message

From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 23 Feb 2004 02:00:39
Message: <4039a517$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Well, would it be possible to make it generate the pages on demand from some
> sort of database query? So we could tell it to list all results that match
> certain criteria?

:-)
Well, I'm just training my Java skills for now, it would be possible to 
do what you say, but for now I'm more concentrating on generating static 
pages with as much information as possible. I hope it will suffice to 
satistify most people's curiosity. But depending on how things go I'll 
take all ideas into account.

For now it will provide:
- for each round the ranks by all four marks
- for each author a summary of his images with ranking
- for each year a ranking of authors based on the six rounds of the year
- ranking of authors based on all their entries

For each round I count points as follows :
20 points for first
16 for the second
12 for the third
11 for fourth
etc ..
1 for 14th

If you have ideas about things that might be missing, let me know,

JC


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 23 Feb 2004 09:10:15
Message: <403a09c7$1@news.povray.org>
JC (Exether) wrote:

> I also want to do some kind of yearly contest like a formula 1 
> championship. 
I like this idea.


Post a reply to this message

From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 27 Feb 2004 03:22:59
Message: <403efe63$1@news.povray.org>
Here we go, it's ready :
http://exether.free.fr/irtc/

Don't hesitate to advertise it around, if someone could send a mail on 
the IRTC mailing list, that'd be great.
Feedback and ideas welcome,

JC

JC (Exether) wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> As a java training, I started to write a program that takes the data 
> files from the IRTC (results.txt files) parses them and generates pages 
> with various ranking. As I think this could be of interest for the 
> competion, I'd like to see with the admin team if we can work something 
> out of it for an 'official' thing or if I might just run it as a 
> separate site.
> 
> So if you could send me a mail at exe### [at] demoxandmailcom I'd give you 
> the prototype address.
> 
> JC
> PS: I had to post here because it seems that the mail page on the IRTC 
> site isn't working.


Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 28 Feb 2004 15:09:32
Message: <4040f57c$1@news.povray.org>
"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message news:403efe63$1@news.povray.org...
> Here we go, it's ready :
> http://exether.free.fr/irtc/

Awesome!

BTW, I have another suggestion, would it be possible to add a page which lists
every entry ever in order of overall score?

I think that would be very interesting to compare the scores acheived by images
entered in different rounds, since I've often been curious as to whether an
image that came 3rd in one round might have scored higher than one that came 1st
in another round...

Anyway, I've already added a link to my website! Nice work JC!

-- 
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com


Post a reply to this message

From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 28 Feb 2004 18:04:14
Message: <40411e6e@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> "JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message news:403efe63$1@news.povray.org...
> 
>>Here we go, it's ready :
>>http://exether.free.fr/irtc/
> 
> 
> Awesome!
> 
> BTW, I have another suggestion, would it be possible to add a page which lists
> every entry ever in order of overall score?
I am thinking about doing a best of, with maybe the 20 or 30 best images 
based on scores and probably other parameters. I don't think it is 
possible to rank all entries because there must be a few thousands( I 
need to do a misc stats page for that by the way).

> I think that would be very interesting to compare the scores acheived by images
> entered in different rounds, since I've often been curious as to whether an
> image that came 3rd in one round might have scored higher than one that came 1st
> in another round...
That's also interesting, I have always thought that scoring would not be 
consistant between rounds, I will probably try something like that, just 
to see.

> Anyway, I've already added a link to my website! Nice work JC!
Cool, thanks

JC

-- 
http://exether.free.fr/irtc (more IRTC stats !)


Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: IRTC statictics site
Date: 29 Feb 2004 02:50:56
Message: <404199DD.6285DBCE@hotmail.com>
JC (Exether) wrote:
> 
> Here we go, it's ready :
> http://exether.free.fr/irtc/

I note that the rankings sum all of the scores over the course of the
time frame.  Consequently, my 24 animation entries put me at the top of
the list for all four categories, even though I've only placed about
half of the time, and have never gotten the HM for Concept.

Regards,
John


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.