> I understand your frustration. Here's my perspective:
Thank you so much for these insights.
My message was intentionally rude, and I sincerely apologise
if I hurted you. I understand well that finding time to do such
work is hard, that's also why I've been quiet these years.
Edouard, in a reply to me, said that maybe he could do something
for the existing software. Let's try.
As a backup hypothesis, I volunteer to build a new site, with
the help of other volunteers. Here's the plan :
- right now (or ASAP), display a page announcing that something
is being done, and launch a new round, ending May 31 (that's
almost 3 months, might help get more competitors),
topic is "How will I explain this to Dad ?".
- before the end of March, set up the ability to browse old rounds
- before the end of April, set up the ability to submit an entry
(so sumbissions can start 1 month before deadline)
- before the end of May, set up a voting system, test-driven by voting
for the last round that hasn't been voted
- once all is okay, vote for the new round
All this using plain MySQL-PHP structure (no framework). This requires
working knowledge of MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS. But someone just familiar
with HTML and CSS could provide great help.
If 3 people are joining, that's perfectly doable, IMO.
Anyone wanting to jump in ?
Post a reply to this message