POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : 100 seconds Server Time
16 Apr 2024 10:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  100 seconds (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: gregjohn
Subject: 100 seconds
Date: 26 Jan 2006 12:20:00
Message: <web.43d9039a8f6dd31440d56c170@news.povray.org>
http://100second.ltc.org/

Apparently no cash or prizes, just the joy of submitting a 100s anim.

-- begin quote -------------

HOW IT WORKS

Since the beginning of time people have been making 100 second works, there
just wasn't a festival that recognized their greatness. Now, any piece of
motion media that is under 1 minute and 40 seconds can be considered part
of this festival. The rules are very open on content. Personal narratives,
music videos, youth media, digital stories, animations, documentary, found,
orphan or collage work are just some of the genres. These are part of a
growing catalogue of 100 second works.

Selections from this anthology are downloaded and bundled into DVDs and
curated for public screenings. We hope that under a Creative Commons
(Attribution - Non Commercial - Share Alike) the ability to host or screen
a festival is super easy.

The ability to share full quality files in this way is powered by the
DigitalBicycle. While a date is set for the summer time screening, we have
rolling submissions because the online archive is not bound by any dates.
The online archive is an opportunity for those who like downloading music
or making mix tapes to do the same with videos.