POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : TC-RTC: "Mother Hive" deadline passed, next topic? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 14:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC: "Mother Hive" deadline passed, next topic? (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: TC-RTC: "Mother Hive" deadline passed, next topic?
Date: 20 Dec 2007 12:15:01
Message: <web.476aa2db70dd9e4be2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
"Dan Byers" <goofygraffix_at_geemail_dot_com> wrote:
> "gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> >
> > Early on in round: Oh my, there's SOOOO much time that I have to plan an
> > enormous project. Do lots of thinking.
> >
> > Late in round: Eh, too late to start.
>
> Then there's the "Yeah, I can SO do this topic for once!", followed by the "Oh,
> crud... where in the %$#@ am I going to squeeze this project in???"
>
> There needs to be 600 hours per day.  That's the only way I can find time to do
> all the things I'd like to do :(

A nice man named Zeno solved this problem for us a while back:

Any portion of the project not completed in the first half of the round can be
done in the second half.

Any work not completed in the third quarter can be done in the fourth.

Any work not finished by the seventh eighth can be ...

This sequence can be continued indefinitely, thus providing an infinite number
of work phases in which to complete any project by its deadline.  Therefore
there is NO excuse for failing to submit an entry like I... oh, never mind!

Best Regards,
Mike C.