POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : So What's going on??? Server Time: 16 Dec 2018 01:54:23 GMT
  So What's going on??? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: dbott
Subject: So What's going on???
Date: 4 Sep 2007 05:54:21
Message: <46dcf30d$1@news.povray.org>
I went to judge the "The Black Robe" round of animation and a winner has
been chosen. Well Steve, you knew this comment was coming. I'm sure you are
working on the problem...........

Darin (dbott)

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: So What's going on???
Date: 4 Sep 2007 06:52:13
Message: <46dd009d$1@news.povray.org>
dbott schrieb:
> I went to judge the "The Black Robe" round of animation and a winner has
> been chosen. Well Steve, you knew this comment was coming. I'm sure you are
> working on the problem...........

Having managed to kick myself out of the ranking page by doing my public
service of voting (no comments on electoral systems, please ;-) ), i'm
inclined to consider the voting system "beta" for the time being, too... ;)

Seriously, though, a second timeframe for voting (i.e. voting can not
start until primary deadline has passed, and the winner is picked after
the second timeframe) is something that should be considered.

Take this example:
Film 1 (entered one month early) is voted on several times by members,
up until the entry deadline.
Films 2 thru X are entered very close to the deadline.
No chance to ever vote on them...

-M

Post a reply to this message