POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Status? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Status? (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: dbott
Subject: Re: Status?
Date: 11 Apr 2007 05:01:44
Message: <461ca3f8$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:461c9ba6$1@news.povray.org...

>    Guys, check the Stills group.
>
>     (And thanks Darin, you are of the same ilk as me...)
>
>          ~Steve~

Thanks Steve --
I have been reading the stills group, and it sounds like you have it under
control.
Hope you don't leave out the animation guys, on your new site.
I am willing to help out.
Darin

Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 11 Apr 2007 07:23:13
Message: <461cc521$1@news.povray.org>
dbott schrieb:
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:461c9ba6$1@news.povray.org...
>>
>>    Guys, check the Stills group.
>>
>>     (And thanks Darin, you are of the same ilk as me...)
>>
>>          ~Steve~
>>

> Thanks Steve --
> I have been reading the stills group, and it sounds like you have it under
> control.
> Hope you don't leave out the animation guys, on your new site.
> I am willing to help out.
> Darin

I'd suggest that for now, we go with Steve's offer to host the animation
files together with the stills pictures.

Quoting from irtc.stills (Steve's posting):

>    Anyway, I'm still in the fold with our new website, and it's coming along
> nicely. It will be ready for the May-June Stills competition, but
> unfortunately, at this time, it won't be able to host the Animations, so
> what I propose to do for now, is to host the animations on
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/3dextra/ when the March-April Stills comp has
> ended. I think this will still give the anim guys a chance to get something
> completed, although, I don't know how this will tie-in with their comp end
> date.
>
>      If this is ok for now, then arrange to email your animations to me at:
> mr_gold at tiscali.co.uk

-> If i read this right, this would set the end date around April
30th/May 1st, so there's some more time to add that extra polish to your
animation...

-> I really like the idea with the 1.000 (or so ;) book titles and the
POVray random draw that Greg Johnson posted earlier, too. Anyone wants
to draw up the next topic?

-> how about overlapping the announcement of the next topic with the
current round? (like, announcing the topic one, two, four weeks early?)

Opinions?

-Markus

Post a reply to this message