POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Stand-in IRTC animation: while we're waiting... Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:04:34 EDT (-0400)
  Stand-in IRTC animation: while we're waiting... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Stand-in IRTC animation: while we're waiting...
Date: 29 Jan 2007 19:11:04
Message: <45be8d18@news.povray.org>
... why not do something like the irtc.stills folks?

(A short summary, in case you're reading the newsgroups
only, and are not subscribed to irt### [at] irtcorg: )

1) IRTC.stills is doing a "replacement IRTC" to bridge the
time until the next official stills round is (hopefully)
announced.

2) It's two weeks into IRTC.animations Jan.-Apr. 2007, with
no current topic.

3) so far, no luck in contacting the admin

4) Point 1) was kind of an inspiration, and dbott and me
sort of drew lots, using the irtc topics suggestion list and
a single random number.
This pointed to "Space Settlement" as a topic (as good as
any, i guess ;)

Anyone willing to join in? We're at least three (four?)
people already. The IRTC ruleset for filesize and all the
related stuff. There most likely won't be voting (difficult
to handle), it's just for fun. I'm willing to do the interim
hosting for the files, but i'm equally willing to pass this
on to anyone else (of course, including anyone from official
IRTC).

This is not meant to replace the IRTC or anything. It's just
an idea to keep our CPUs warm and toasty while hopefully the
current situation is resolved.

-Markus

Post a reply to this message

"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> ... why not do something like the irtc.stills folks?
>
> (A short summary, in case you're reading the newsgroups
> only, and are not subscribed to irt### [at] irtcorg: )
>
> 1) IRTC.stills is doing a "replacement IRTC" to bridge the
> time until the next official stills round is (hopefully)
> announced.
>
> 2) It's two weeks into IRTC.animations Jan.-Apr. 2007, with
> no current topic.
>
> 3) so far, no luck in contacting the admin
>
> 4) Point 1) was kind of an inspiration, and dbott and me
> sort of drew lots, using the irtc topics suggestion list and
> a single random number.
> This pointed to "Space Settlement" as a topic (as good as
> any, i guess ;)
>
> Anyone willing to join in? We're at least three (four?)
> people already. The IRTC ruleset for filesize and all the
> related stuff. There most likely won't be voting (difficult
> to handle), it's just for fun. I'm willing to do the interim
> hosting for the files, but i'm equally willing to pass this
> on to anyone else (of course, including anyone from official
> IRTC).
>
> This is not meant to replace the IRTC or anything. It's just
> an idea to keep our CPUs warm and toasty while hopefully the
> current situation is resolved.
>
> -Markus

"Space Settlement"
The completion date March 15th?
I can try. I'll be gone for ten day in the middle of Feb.
Winter break taking the wife and kids on vacation.

Post a reply to this message