POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : For the wishlist... : Re: For the wishlist... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For the wishlist...
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Jan 2007 15:11:45
Message: <iacqq2hrdh1gbd29ie4ggmgs2da1qkogr0@4ax.com>
On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:40:27 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Now that you mention it, I believe that the conversion from CSG to mesh is a
>useful item in itself, but then I prefer to export the result and work
>further in Silo with that. It works not so well with Wings however, because
>the conversion is not that perfect and a lot of transparant faces are
>created, but Silo manages quite well.

I've not used a mesh modeller for ages, relying on csg mostly. Although I do
have a need for one to modify some Poser clothes.

>Bisho3D looks interesting. I have not experimented with it, though.

It is interesting and I think that it will be quite useful when it's finished.
I've lost my muse so I've got time to test, it not needing to worry about having
a project to complete. I've nearly finished a model (a prop) of the London Eye.
It has a different feel to Moray even though the layout looks similar. Besides
being able to import a lot of SDL and allowing you to write SDL to be merged
with the scene as objects or textures. I like the animation feature where I
could not get to grips with Moray's.

Regards
	Stephen