POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Mar 2009 19:35:08
Message: <fd6jr4tbtbbi8idnnpmnpvm2qhelqqfavg@4ax.com>
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:50:29 EDT, "feet1st" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Then you have the problem of how do you know the person is homeless?

Not a problem.

>There are
>those that pack the dog and the cardboard sign in the car and drive over to
>where lots of people go by, and sit there until they've got much more then is
>required.

Drive home in their Mercs, do they?

>Haven't you read the stories about the beggers outside of Wal-mart
>making more, and tax free, then the employees on the inside of the Wal-mart?

Why would I be reading about beggars outside of Wal-mart? There are enough in my
own country
.
>Why don't you trust your government to KNOW which people are truely needy and
>allocate appropriate money to provide enough food for them?

Ha! You are joking, aren't you? Do you mean the very same government that tells
the public lies to get their approval to go to war? The same government that
destroys the unions or tries to kick people off invalidly benefit and keeps
pensioners poor?

>So you see, even the simplicity of giving to the needy can this alternative view
>possible. "I'm not qualified to decide which homeless person really needs my
>help, so I pay my taxes and count on the experts, which all work for the
>government I guess, to do it."

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

> So, I suggest you save your $25 and instead give
>them a case of soup, and two gallons of water. These things can't really be used
>for any purpose other then your intended purpose.

What a kind and caring person you sound. Feet first indeed!
--

Regards
     Stephen