POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beam Engine : Re: Beam Engine Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:06:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beam Engine
From: m@b
Date: 22 Jan 2021 03:52:18
Message: <e948ff83-230e-0384-77b7-7aceefb823e8@googlemail.com>
On 21/01/2021 5:54 am, Mr wrote:
> "m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:

>>> The beams through media look very crisp and nice. here are a fex remarks in the
>>> order that would matter most first:
>>>

>>> There seems to be too much light from inside to have a balance that would reveal
>>> radiosity well. Could the inside lights be dimmed ? maybe even remove with
>>> radiosity. The scene would contrast more
>>>

>>> Some of the colors are too saturated. (srgb? assumed_gamma?)
>>>
>>> the reflective elements, show too strong a total reflective amounts. You can use
>>> conserve_energy and albedo keywords to solve that.
>>>

>> Thanks for the comments.
>>
>> I have reduced the gamma, gray_threshold and brightness.
>>
>> The steel-work is now a darker pigment and less reflective.
>>
>> Getting there slowly, this radiosity thing is complicated :-)
>>
>> m@
>
> great improvements! Now the small dining table appears as a nice place to rest
> the wandering eye... Cool details. Now the image is really passed the finished
> state, but of course, one could always want to iterate more... so :
> -I suspect the light outside is not parallel  sun like type and in that case too
> close to the building because it makes beams directions diverge instead of
> falling in the same direction if they were generated by sunlight.
> -the red of the machine still slightly over saturated
> -The mapping of what I assume to be metallic grids on the floor seems stretched
> or unreadable.
> -the floor seems too bright, clean and flat.
> -The walls miss some history too. maybe just a little dirt in the corners,
> textures allowing to identify what they are made of ?

The sun is 100 million units away and the beams are still not appearing
to be parallel, any thoughts?

light_source{<-40, 55, 100>*1000000 color rgb<1,1,1>*10 parallel
point_at <0,0,0>}

camera{ angle 50 location <-24,-15,-50> direction 1.5*z right
x*image_width/image_height look_at <5, -10, 15>}

I have de-saturated the red and green a bit and increased the normals.
Added some bozo to the walls.
Made the floor grids a bigger scale to stop the interference pattern.
Increased the fade distance on the lamps to give some shadows on the wall.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beam engine radiosity 02.png' (1267 KB)

Preview of image 'beam engine radiosity 02.png'
beam engine radiosity 02.png