POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : HDR image reversed when read : Re: HDR image reversed when read Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:38:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR image reversed when read
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Feb 2006 03:55:03
Message: <ds9n2p$isn$1@chho.imagico.de>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Windows XP Pro - 2.4GHz - 1.0GB RAM - beta11
>
> As can be seen in the attached images, HDR format images seem to be reversed
> when read.   The scene displays simply a box with an image map and is
> identical for both except on uses a BMP format image and the other uses a
> HDR format image, both made from the same original JPG file. This is valid
> for "map_type 0", I haven't tested for others.

The radiance HDR format supports different orientations of the image but
the reader in POV-Ray treats all the same way currently (just like most
other HDR readers around).  So you should make sure the program you use
to write the HDR files uses normal (top to bottom, left to right)
orientation.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)