POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : MPI patch for povray 3.5c : Re: MPI patch for povray 3.5c Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:36:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPI patch for povray 3.5c
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Nov 2005 09:38:45
Message: <dmhp4o$pcf$1@chho.imagico.de>
Vadim wrote:

> For those who are interested in parallel versions of Povray - I found an
> easy way to do this with any version of Povray. :) Read this article:
>
> http://u.pereslavl.ru/~vadim/MCSharp/docs/povray/index.php

Which is just yet another
split-render-into-tiles-and-render-with-multiple-instances-of-POV-Ray
tool in someone's favourite pet language.

Various tools already exist for this:

http://www.imp.org/impfarm/default.asp
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm
http://www.imagico.de/povany/index.html

which offer more functionality (esp. distributing a render across
different computers).

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)