POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : autobahn [107K] : Re: autobahn [107K] Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: autobahn [107K]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Apr 2005 08:45:01
Message: <d4ta1r$716$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   I was tempted to do it with my main reference pic:
>
>   http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/g_imgs/autobahn2b.jpg

So it is supposed to be a German 'Autobahn' - a few notes on realism there:

- the white strip at the outer (right) side of the road seperating it
from the 'Standstreifen' usually is much broader than the other
interrupted strips.

- those white (plastic) posts on the side of the road have the black
strip at the top going upward from inner to outer side.

- the trees are quite large and no german road authority would allow
such large and old trees to grow that near to a highway. ;-)

Apart from that great image of course.

Christoph