POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Sources : Re: Documentation Sources Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Sources
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Nov 2004 02:35:02
Message: <cm96tn$htk$1@chho.imagico.de>
Chris wrote:
> Does anybody know where the original sources for the documentation are? I
> keep seeing references to 'makedocs.pl' in the unix source tree
> (docs/*.html), but I can't find either the script or the master
> documentation.  Shouldn't it be around somewhere?

If you find references to makedocs.pl in the POV-Ray for Unix
documentation you are using an outdated version of POV-Ray (makedocs.pl
was only used in POV-Ray 3.5).

The program used to generate the html/pdf/etc. version of the docs is
not available so it does not make sense to make available the docs
source files either.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______