POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patchy stuff : Re: Patchy stuff Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:54:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patchy stuff
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Mar 2005 11:01:58
Message: <cjameshuff-93F3F2.11015905032005@news.povray.org>
In article <4228cf65@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress>
wrote:

> How was that implemented?

Not entirely sure what you're asking. The basic root solver is the same
type as the isosurface, a simple recursive bisection method. It builds a
list of components that interact with the ray, and uses that list for
the root solving. It just uses the first and last bounds intersection to
limit the root finding interval, a smarter scheme will more efficiently
bracket the individual roots.

> By the way, if you're looking to generate interest, sample images are a good
> way to do it; show us what your patch can do.

I'm working on that...I've already posted images from the most important
patches.

--
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] gmailcom>
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>