POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dog Bone with Yellow Peas (44 KB) : Re: Dog Bone with Yellow Peas (44 KB): The Image Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:00:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dog Bone with Yellow Peas (44 KB): The Image
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Jul 2000 11:46:12
Message: <chrishuff-6A36F8.10463109072000@news.povray.org>
In article <3967E4EA.5D8BED36@online.no>, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor### [at] onlineno> wrote:

> I'm only using some macros (in plain POV)
> to make a 3D-map of the accumulated "field
> strengths" of the different components in
> the blob.
>
> Other macros then use this 3D-map to
> select points in space with the "right"
> "field strength".
>
> These points can again be used for new
> components in a blob or for placing other
> objects.

Seems like using trace() in MegaPOV would be a much more efficient
solution...it would also work with cylinder components, and scaled
components.
Or if it is really the field strength you want, you could use
eval_pattern() with the blob pattern...though this would also require
MegaPOV.
Or you could use vtransform() to allow transformations to be applied to
the components in your macros. Again, this would require MegaPOV.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/