POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : So... : Re: So... Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:07:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Aug 2004 11:30:02
Message: <cf5gqf$jbj$1@chho.imagico.de>
nomail@nomail wrote:

> Hmm, I must admit that this thought crossed my mind too.  If Gilles is going
> to be competing, perhaps an explanation from the organizers of why this
> contest is not simply a "Gilles Tran Acclamation" is in order.  I notice
> the judges are currently remaining anonymous.  Are they Tran fans?!  I also
> notice whenever I go to the povray.org homepage, there's a bias towards
> displaying Tran's images.  Is the person responsible for povray.org also
> one of the judges?!  Tran is good, but other people are good too (and to be
> frank, Tran is not a personal favorite of mine).

It is not really good style to post such unqualified accusations,
especially not doing so anonymously.  The composition of the judging
panel is not pubished because it is not final yet.  But as clearly
written on the competition website the judges will not know the identity
of the entrants.

The idea that the povray.org website is biased towards Gilles' images is
not understandable at all to me, on the contrary there are only very few
of his images in the new HOF at the moment - something that will change
for sure.  Of course all this has absolutely no influence on the judging
in the competition, the images on the website are selected purely
according to the personal taste of the webserver owner and the rest of
the POV-Team.

If you don't like Gilles' images that's completely up to you of course
and i am sure he is open to qualified critique but this newsgroup is
surely not the right place for that.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______