POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making Dynamic Poser clothes : Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Mar 2004 14:20:02
Message: <c34vfc$9rj$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> Has anyone made their own clothes for Poser?  If so, is it possible using
> free (or really cheap) tools?  I looked over one example which used 3dsmax,
> but I don't want to have to fork out money like that.  I'll confess that I
> haven't tried Wings yet, assuming that's possible.
>
> I would like to make some of my own clothes, just because hardly anyone else
> makes "normal" clothes, but if it turns out that it's incredibly difficult,
> I probably won't bother.

Some time ago i showed a demostration using my mechsim patch to simulate
  clothing.  This works quite well for shirts, light dresses etc.
Heavier clothes are more difficult because for realistic appearance you
will need detailed meshes and stiff material takes very long to simulate.

Christoph

Last updated 07 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______