POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beam Engine : Re: Beam Engine Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:49:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beam Engine
From: m@b
Date: 14 Jan 2021 02:39:55
Message: <ac97c48a-edc6-35d5-4464-17b5193f1187@googlemail.com>
On 13/01/2021 4:08 am, Mr wrote:
> "m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
>> My first attempt at using radiosity.
>> Comment welcome.
>>
>> m@
>
> The beams through media look very crisp and nice. here are a fex remarks in the
> order that would matter most first:
>

> There seems to be too much light from inside to have a balance that would reveal
> radiosity well. Could the inside lights be dimmed ? maybe even remove with
> radiosity. The scene would contrast more
>

> Some of the colors are too saturated. (srgb? assumed_gamma?)
>
> the reflective elements, show too strong a total reflective amounts. You can use
> conserve_energy and albedo keywords to solve that.

Thanks for the comments.

I have reduced the gamma, gray_threshold and brightness.

The steel-work is now a darker pigment and less reflective.

Getting there slowly, this radiosity thing is complicated :-)

m@

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beam engine radiosity.png' (1239 KB)

Preview of image 'beam engine radiosity.png'
beam engine radiosity.png