POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ and megapov's simcloth : Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:45:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Jan 2005 02:10:56
Message: <Xns95EB533C855A2jgrimbertmeandmyself@203.29.75.35>

> regdo wrote:
>> Tim Cook wrote:
>>
>>> invert normals?
>>>
>> I tried "inverse" in the declaration of the object, but it has no
>> effect. Is it the right way to do it ?
> No way to make it work with the mesh. It seems to work with a cone.
> The question is : the doc says it must be used on "object with
> well-defined interior". Does that mean that a mesh is not an object
> with well-defined interior ? Does anyone know what, technically, is
> behind that definition ? If it's a mathematically solid shape, that
> features loses much of it's interest to me. But I have already seen
> renders of cloth on people (don't remember where, tough). How did they
> do ? *sigh*

Did you look instead at the 'inside_vector' option for the mesh ?
It's section 3.4.2.3.1 of Pov-doc 3.6.1.
Maybe that would give your mesh the solidness it need...
Your mesh should be closed, nevertheless.

--
This is an unauthorised cybernetic announcement.

When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need only
say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.