POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PowerMac G5 implications : Re: PowerMac G5 implications Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:41:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PowerMac G5 implications
From: Thomas van der Veen
Date: 26 Jun 2003 10:43:44
Message: <Xns93A69FED872F0veentukibmcom@204.213.191.226>
"William Pokorny" <pokorny_attglobal_net> wrote in

> Thomas, I played with the chess2.pov benchmark a couple years ago on
> the same 375mhz processor. With simple optimizations I saw about the
> performance you saw. I was able to get it down to about 21 minutes
> using a bunch of optimizations, but never really understood why the
> performance was so much slower than comparable powerPC processors in
> Macs... Bill P.

I didn't try the most agressive optimisation options. I guess I couldn't be
bothered to try all the different options and see hat kind of difference
they would make.

Have you tried a Power4(+) yet?

Thomas

ps. I made a mistake earlier when I said that I tried the skyvase
benchmark.