POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Through the Eyes of a Child : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:45:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Through the Eyes of a Child
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 13 Dec 2015 13:49:36
Message: <MPG.30d787bb588429b1989690@news.povray.org>
In article <566d268e$1@news.povray.org>, tho### [at] degrootorg says...

> My sincere congratulations.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

> This is a huge project and entirely
> enjoyable indeed.

Thanks again.

> Somehow, I believe the child will find a plane (a
> rocket maybe?) in the end and escape through a window...

I have an idea that the locomotive stands on its butt and becomes a
rocket. :)

I have the ending clear in my mind and have thought about building that.
But there would be about 7 minutes of black frames (or beat counting
markers), so, bleh.  Basically the kid ends up back in the house, goes
upstairs, brushes his teeth, goes to bed, and the last sustained guitar
notes are the camera pulling back (crane shot) to reveal his body in the
bed for the first time. fade to black.

> You seem to be halfway through? :-) At least the track length seems to
> suggest it.

yeah, pretty close to that. :)  It will always be 16:43 long.
There are 12721 rendered frames and 11341 black frames.  And some of the
12721 are the beat-marker frames.

Those frame counts are at 24fps, which I retimed everything to when I
recently switched from NTSC/DVD to 480p/720p.  I'm strongly considering
retiming it back to 30fps.  I have a 720p (HD!) version rendering right
now, which should be done in a month. Early previews of that are cool.
But a couple of the timings are weak at 24fps.  I will probably delete
all of the frames and retime it after that. :)

dik