POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : dreamcatcher generator : Re: dreamcatcher generator Server Time
16 Apr 2024 09:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dreamcatcher generator
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Jun 2004 00:29:54
Message: <MPG.1b2705683f9bf20f989a63@news.povray.org>
In article <40bbf463@news.povray.org>, yan### [at] babyldyndnsorg
says...
> > In article <40b7f2fe@news.povray.org>, yan### [at] babyldyndnsorg
> > says...
> >> I have written an itsy bitsy perl script producing random dreamcatchers,
> >> available at http://babyl.dyndns.org/dreamcatcher
>
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> > Hmm.. Interesting script. Though, for a true spider web the 'hoop' needs
> > to be invisible and generated using arbitrary points, more like a 2d
> > spline or something.
>
>         Good point, and fairly easy to add. Script updated with
> this new feature.
>

> > It might be also useful if the skip feature allowed
> > for some random variation, so that it would tend to have a bit less of
> > all the gaps shoved to one side of the web.
>
>         Hmm... Right now the probability to skip is equal everywhere,
> so gaps should happen pretty much equality everywhere. But I guess that
> the "shoving on one side" is due to the fact that two consecutive
> points can be skipped, which skew the web something fierce. I've added
> the option -singleskip, which prevents the program to skip
> two consecutive points. This should help a little bit.

Great. Should make some nice webs and stuff. ;)

Of course.. One of these days I need to stop just reading posts and do
something. lol Kind of like I should get off my butt and do real work on
a design for an area on a mud, actually code the companion program I
planned to use with Mushclient, and several other things I keep telling
myself I will do. lol

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()