POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : With all the talk of color, HCY : Re: With all the talk of color, HCY Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With all the talk of color, HCY
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 1 Dec 2016 12:32:51
Message: <969866470.502305967.357884.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
> A couple of comments:
>
> 1. If she doesn't provide conversion formulas, I can't do much with it.
> 2. If it's an entirely new thing without being published in a scientific
> or technical journal, then Wikipedians will probably notice and delete it.
>
> Mike

The page www.chiliant.com/rgb2hsv.html provides code that you could get
formulas out of, and I am looking for any papers on the subject.

It also has code for HCL, which are quite different.

I know that is a far cry from peer reviewed work but I an looking for that,
and will let you know if I find it.

In the mean time it might be useful to check out that link, it is possible
that if it is utter bunk someone familiar with the subject may be able to
spot it quickly.

Ian