POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Discord Server : Re: Discord Server Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Discord Server
From: Alain Martel
Date: 8 Sep 2024 07:24:00
Message: <66dd8950$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2024-09-06 à 15:41, Saul F. Luizaga a écrit :
> TL;DR
> Wen?
>
> TL;DR:
> Why is this not in Discord, a lot more fluid and organized, 'coz the Web
> Newsgroup template kinda of sucks: I used Ex-Mozilla Thunderbird and it gives a
> nice structure but still I need to read a lot of irrelevant posts to get to
> something important, so the solution for irrelevant posts is Discord, and leave
> the important stuff for the Newsgroup

Discord is a real time discussion platform. It's good for a conference
or a team meeting. I use it for some role playing cessions where most
players can't meet in person.
For non-synchronous interaction, it don't hold a candle to a good old
news group.

Then, what is important for you may be irrelevant to someone else, and
what is irrelevant for you may be very important for someone else.

If you are in a thread that you don't care about, you can use the «T» to
mark it all read and skip to the next unread message.