POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rhino Grasshopper as source of inspiration : Re: Rhino Grasshopper as source of inspiration Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rhino Grasshopper as source of inspiration
From: yesbird
Date: 31 Aug 2024 06:01:45
Message: <66d2ea09@news.povray.org>
On 30/08/2024 17:55, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Then you will of course like:
> https://github.com/t-o-k/POV-Ray-complex-functions
Thanks, very interesting, I've seen it before, maybe will include this
mechanics into Povlab gallery as parametrized function.

> Specifically referencing Rhino / Grasshopper:
> https://archive.bridgesmathart.org/2020/bridges2020-183.pdf
>
> and really illustrating how a 3D repeat warp would be useful for the
> non-mathematically inclined. (in "2D")
>
> The following is a fully 3D example of what I'm envisioning:
> https://archive.bridgesmathart.org/2011/bridges2011-73.pdf

I like this patterns and how easy they can be produced, guess
using more sophisticated based elements can make them more attractive.
The art of ornament is enchants me too ).

https://www.google.com/search?q=John+Edmark+%E2%80%9CBlooms%E2%80%9D&oq=John+Edmark+%E2%80%9CBlooms%E2%80%9D&gs_lcrp=Eg

ZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQABgeMg0IAhAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IAxAAGIsDGKIEGIkFMg0IBBAAGIsDGKIEGIkF0gEIODMxMWoxajGoAgCwAgA&sourc
> eid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Uh, fantastic idea !
Looks like it's time to turn on my 3D printer ...

> And here's a giant archive that is guaranteed to "knock your socks off" and
> provide _years_ of inspiration to our busy little bees here in the POV-Ray hive.
>
> https://archive.bridgesmathart.org/#gsc.tab=0

Oooo, Bill !
You are reading my thoughts ...
Many, many thanks for this link - this is exactly what I was looking
for. Now I have a lot of ideas how to fill in Povlab gallery - future
winter will not be boring !
--
YB