POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rotation and inside_vector : Re: Mesh rotation and inside_vector Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rotation and inside_vector
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 22 Aug 2024 05:40:19
Message: <66c70783$1@news.povray.org>
On 21.08.2024 19:45, Bald Eagle wrote:
> You may be (probably) misunderstanding what the inside_vector does / is for.

Let's assume I understand how it works, and I just don't want to double
filesize with useless "bottom mesh" (which still leaves roundoff defects
but it's another another story). I did so with STL export for my
img2mesh, it works, but let's say representing flat plane with thousands
of triangles makes toad sad toad.

I want to cheat and avoid useless triangles, and with POVRay it works
well, until I try to rotate the mesh. And, since inside_vector is a
property of the object, I wished it will transform together with parent;
at least this sound logical. Unfortunately, my beautiful logic goes to
hell in the face of reality (btw, yesterday TV ad told me "diarrhea have
many faces", either they know something hidden about this reality, or
mess faces with faeces). That makes toad... you got the idea.

--
Ilyich the Toad
https://dnyarri.github.io/